Saturday, September 4, 2010

Where do I even start? Don't you just hate when your family back home is doing fun things and then sends out that text inviting everyone including me who is out of state! That seriously got me to miss home, throughout this whole time being away from home I have been absolutely fine. I don't want to be home sick, I love it out here. If only I could stop thinking about all of the fun things they are doing. I miss hanging out with everyone, I miss seeing my dad in person. Skype is fine I love it but it is not the same. I can't wrap my arms around him and just give him a hug when I have a rough day. I miss the little things that my mom did for me, even if it was a invite to go tracking with her. I still miss it. I am out on my own, making my own choices that come with their consequences. So far the consequence I am facing now is leaving home and missing every little thing. I need to get out there and do fun things for myself. Sometimes I wonder if when I come home that I will be as close as I was before to them. Will I be the outsider looking in at first? That is my worst fear. I call my dad and mom almost daily but with me doing that I run out of things to say, I am sure they think it is a little much but I don't want to be lets say forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I am not at all ready to come home and I'm sure I am only feeling this way because it is a new change that I am not used to. On Monday it will be three weeks since I have arrived in California. Out with the old and in with the new. This is just a little bump in the road that I am scared to drive over. Sooner or later I will get a little push. What can I say I miss home. It is already September, soon it will be October, then all of a sudden November will show up, then December will get here and then I will be home for roughly a week. I know that is not nearly enough time, but it will be just enough to get the hugs in, the tears out, and the laughter in. I am very excited to be spending the hollidays with the kids here. Pumpkin patches, pictures with Santa. The whole nine yards. It will be really fun! The kid in me is still in the grown up girl on her own. Growing old is MANDATORY and growing up is OPTIONAL. That is my new qoute! yahoo

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart. You will always be a part of the family. We send the texts not to make you homesick but to let you know what is going on. To make you feel like you are STILL very much a part of this family. No matter how far away, or how old you get you will always be the little sister.... my Little One. I love you! I miss you too! I miss our diet coke runs! XOXOXO You are growing up and I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete