Friday, August 27, 2010

The very first time I am really actually driving around in California was today. I had to go to the SFO airport. I was already a little iffy about where to go. I didn't know that international flights ment coming in and out of the country and domestic is just normal. I was accidently up above witht he internataional flights so I decided to call Elizbeth to find out where to go, next thing I know there is honking going on. (I am just ignoring it) and then I come to a stop at a crosswalk where people are waiting to cross. Next thing I know this man a rather normal looking man is slowly walking up to my car and whips out his San Francisco Police Department badge at me, I am just dieing cause I have no idea what is going on, in the mean time I am still on the phone. The first thing he says to me is why are you talking on your phone?! All I could say was I don't know. He told me to hang up the phone so I did, then he started on talking to me like I was from California or something! He asked if I had a California drivers license. I said no I am from SLC Utah I just got here on Monday. Then he gave me the scoop on how talking on the phone while driving is 180 dollar fine and blah blah blah, in the mean time I am freaking out inside thinking I don't need a huge ticket in my first week! Luckily the cop was doing a investigation so I didn't get a ticket! whew!! I have a headset now though!

No comments:

Post a Comment